Have you scheduled an annual Medicare visit with your Trophy Club, TX, healthcare providers, Drs. David Yi, Dr. April Enard, Dr. Paula Lansford-Seabaugh, and PA Carol Addy PAC of Trophy Club Family Medicine? This important Medicare benefit offers a simple way to help you protect your health.
What is a Medicare annual visit?
If you've had Medicare Part B for 12 months or longer, you're entitled to an annual Medicare visit at the Trophy Club, MD, medical office. The yearly wellness visit isn't a substitute for your annual physical exam but is designed to help you identify risk factors that could affect your plan and develop a plan to manage your health.
The wellness visit won't cost anything, although you will have to pay a Part B deductible and and co-insurance payment if you are treated for a medical problem or receive a vaccine or other service during the visit.
What happens during the visit?
Wellness visits include a vision test and measurements of your height, weight and blood pressure. During the annual wellness visit, you may also:
- Discuss your medical history, current health conditions and immunizations
- Review the health risk questionnaire you completed during your visit
- Talk about the diseases that run in your family and your risk for developing these conditions
- Update your medication list and review your current prescription and non-prescription medications
- Undergo a brief cognitive assessment that will help your doctor spot possible signs of dementia, depression or Alzheimer's disease
- Discuss age-related health problems that may be affecting your life, such as memory loss, mobility issues or incontinence
- Receive referrals for health screenings, including mammograms, colonoscopies, prostate screening or bone density scans
- Evaluate your mobility and risk for falls
At the end of the visit, you'll receive a personalized plan that will give you all the information you need to protect and maintain your health. The plan may offer suggestions for managing chronic health conditions, information on vaccines you may need, and recommendations for screenings and services, such as physical therapy.
Are you ready to make an appointment for an annual Medicare visit at Trophy Club Family Medicine in Trophy Club, TX. Call (817) 430-9111 to schedule a visit with Drs. David Yi, Dr. April Enard, Dr. Paula Lansford-Seabaugh, and PA Carol Addy PAC.