How your providers in Trophy Club, TX, can help if you have asthma.
If you have asthma, you already know how it affects your life. Asthma can make it difficult, and even scary for you to enjoy an active life. You may experience shortness of breath, wheezing, and other uncomfortable symptoms, often without warning.
The providers at Trophy Club Family Medicine in Trophy Club, TX, offer a wide range of medical services, including treatment for asthma.
If you have asthma, you may be experiencing some of these symptoms:
- Wheezing and coughing
- Difficulty breathing, which can be brought on by activity
- Discomfort, tightness, and pressure in your chest
- Episodes of bronchitis which keep recurring
Asthma can be triggered by allergies, so one of the best ways to deal with asthma is to find out what you are allergic to, so you can avoid what triggers your asthma.
Allergy testing is easy, and once you find out what triggers your allergies, it can help to minimize your symptoms. Some common allergies include:
- Foods like shellfish, peanuts, and dairy
- Pollens from grasses, trees, and flowers
- Household exposure to molds, dust, dust mites, and pet dander
Allergy shots and sublingual immunotherapy drops can help you deal with allergies, to minimize asthma symptoms.
Asthma can also be brought on by exercise. It’s still very important to exercise regularly, so your lungs stay strong and healthy.
In addition to regular exercise, to live well with allergies, you should:
- Use hypoallergenic sheets and linens
- Wash your linens regularly
- Keep any pets off of the furniture, and out of your bedroom
- Place a HEPA filter in your bedroom
- Vacuum frequently, or have your carpets replaced with hardwood floors
Dealing with allergies and environmental factors are important ways to minimize asthma symptoms, and medication also provides significant relief. An asthma medication regimen typically consists of both long-term control medications and short-term rescue inhalers for acute asthma symptoms.
Living with asthma doesn’t have to be difficult, and your provider can help. To find out more about asthma treatment, call the providers at Trophy Club Family Medicine in Trophy Club, TX, by dialing (817) 430-9111 now!